Environmental Services Projects
- Developed cost-effective process wastewater disposal recommendations and acceptable discharge limits for a major pharmaceutical company.
- Assessed environmental risks and Proposition 65 compliance of research activities by performing in-depth screening modeling of emissions for a research and development organization.
- Successfully prepared the Request for Categorical Exclusion (RCE) in support of a NDA submittal to the FDA for several pharmaceutical companies.
- Provided technical and public relations (risk communication) support throughout successful remediation of Times Beach (Missouri) Dioxin Superfund project, including critical reviews of several multi-pathway risk assessments conducted in conjunction with the project (incinerator emissions, ash delisting, worker safety) and strategizing and participating in public meetings and new media releases.
- Provided technical support to attorneys in preparation of personal injury lawsuits involving 2,3,7,8-TCDD. Activities included assistance in:
- Identifying appropriate medical and scientific expert witnesses,
- Preparing attorneys in taking depositions of medical and scientific experts
- Reviewing testimonies
- Developing courtroom strategies
- Coordinated environmental fate and effects studies, provided interpretation and wrote US FDA and EU EMEA submissions for API.